Legal Forms

Student Legal Service Form

Waiver of Confidentiality

This form will allow your Student Legal Service attorney to speak with a parent or other person if you so wish. Please read it carefully, and do not sign it until you are in the presence of a Notary Public and s/he tells you it is OK to sign.

Champaign County Circuit Court Forms

There are informational documents and actual court forms in the different links below. The court forms are fill-in pdf documents that you may print when you complete them. There are also links to Student Legal Service informational brochures, where applicable.


Expungement forms packets A-E and an Instruction packet are available on the Circuit Clerk’s website: in the link “Forms” on the left side of the page. Read the Instructions packet to find out which Expungement Packet - A, B, C, D, or E – you should download and fill out.

If you have questions about what to fill in on the form, go to the SLS link, Schedule an Appointment / Intake Forms, and fill out the “General” intake form, submit it, then come in to the SLS office to set up an appointment with one of our attorneys.

Dissolution of Marriage/Divorce

Student Legal Service does not handle divorces; however, the attorneys can advise you generally about the process and assist you in filling out forms if you qualify for the Joint Simplified Dissolution of Marriage in this link.

If you do qualify, you can get all the forms you need on the Champaign County Circuit Clerk’s website: In the links on the left, select “Forms”, them “Civil Division”, then “Dissolution of Marriage” – the separate forms are accessible there.

Changing Your Name

Please read our brochure “Want to change your name?”. If you want Student Legal Service to handle it for you, please go to the link “Schedule an Appointment / Intake Forms” and fill out the intake form “Name Change”. After submitting it, please come in to the SLS office, 324 Illini Union, to set up an appointment to meet with an attorney.

If you are not a current student at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or you prefer to do it on your own, here are forms you can use:


The current cost to file a Petition for Name Change is $215.00 (Spring 2012). Your other cost will be placing an ad in a newspaper of general circulation, for example The News Gazette in Champaign. The cost is approximately $70.00 at this time.

Application for Fee Waiver

This application [pdf] may be filled out online and then printed.

Legal Information Disclaimer

The information contained in this website does not constitute legal advice nor is it intended to constitute legal advice. It is not a substitute for consulting an attorney regarding one's particular case. The information and opinnions contained herein are those of the Student Legal Service and are not necessarily those of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. All materials contained herein are the property of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Student Legal Service and its attorneys. All rights reserved.